Monday 30 September 2013

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver



One thing that I can say about Before I Fall that it changed the way I see things from now on. This is my first Lauren Oliver's book that I read, and I really love it. Such a beautiful story. I enjoy every time I flipped the page. It got me so excited, I couldn't put the book down. When I read the synopsis, I was thinking how this book gonna be like, Can the story keep me awake and the story will be told over and over again, that's must be boring. But I was wrong.

So, the story is about Samantha who one of popular girl in Jefferson High School, befriends with someone who like her, dating with handsome guy and people looked up at her. People know her, everyone love her or maybe afraid or hate, because like other popular girl in High School they are being mean.
She started February 12 just like any other day, normal like nothing is wrong. Even she had the excitement because that day was Cupid day and also the day that she was been waiting for, with her boyfriend. But what she didn't know, that day is going to be her last day on Earth. What she didn't know after that she's going to relieve the same day over and over again. 

As in she wakes up in the same day seven times, Samantha is going through some character development where she starts to see things through people around her even herself. What had she and her friends done. She's figuring out herself. She's turning from mean girl to someone different even there are still emotional part on her. All she wants to do now is she wants to fix everything, her mistakes. 

I think the character really realistic. And what I love though is the friendship between Sam and Lindsay, Ally, Elody. They have this bond, really close one. When one line said, "I love you bitches you know that right?", I was crying. It touches me. 

The point of this book: Do things that really matter, do things that you can always remember and you remembered for. Everything you say counts. It probably your last word to someone. Stop wasting your time because “So many things become beautiful when you really look.”

So based on that review I give 5 out 5 stars. I want to give it a six or seven, but... 





No comments:

Post a Comment