Wednesday 2 October 2013

Stuck In Love (2012)


I feel Stuck In Love right now..

Stuck In Love is one of those film that I was dying to see. Then last week I got the Blu-ray and I popped it in right up and watch.

Stuck In Love, released on 2012 and it first premiered at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, directed and also written by Josh Boone
and Stuck In Love was his first film. Speaking of, Josh Boone is currently directing The Fault in Our Stars which a book-to-film adaptation with the same name written by John Green.

The Story:
Bill (Gregg Kinnear) is a writer, he divorced from his wife, Erica (Jennifer Connelly) three years ago. But since then he never gave up and waited for her to come back. By never gave up, I mean it was include sneaking around her house.



 Bill have two kids, Samantha (Lily Collins) currently in college and 19 years-old Stephen King’s fan Rusty (Nat Wolff). They both raised to be writers, as now Samantha’s book being published and Rusty? He will get his chance.



For Samantha, the divorced that happened to her parents really effecting her. It changed her perception of love and marriage until Lou (Logan Lerman) came in. He makes her feel less cynical. While Samantha met Lou, Rusty finds himself someone that he loves, Kate (Liana Liberato).


Lots of issues appear on the surface like relationship, family, and hatred of daughter to her mother, drugs and so on.


Stuck In Love is A REALLY GOOD film. Seriously, I fell in love with this film even till now, it left me an impression. I think it delivered great to the audience. It made me smile, sad even cry. The line was so beautiful, the fact that this characters are writers and the words that they were saying have insights of how they see things. It occurs to me maybe one of the reason that I really like it because of the cast. Well, there are Greg Kinnear, Logan Lerman, Lily Collins, Nat Wolff, Jennifer Connelly and Kristen Bell (for Kristen it was a little disappointment role. Don't get me wrong, I love her) and they are absolutely amazing to portrayed their characters. Then, other reason is the genre, Drama-Romance and contemporary, I guess? (don't know much about it) and the story is really realistic, things that actually happened in real life.

One thing though, don’t you want to cry when Lou was crying on the phone with Sam? Well I do. And the soundtrack, "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, perfectly fit in the movie.

My favorite quote:
"This is my life, I'd better slow down and enjoy it. Because one day, we're all going to end up in the ground and that will be it. We'll be gone"




Ratings:  4/5










No comments:

Post a Comment