Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Spectacular Now (2013)



Now I have so many feelings towards this film. I am disappointed, emotion, happy and stuff going on. So this movie The Spectacular Now is a book-movie adaptation from the same name by Tim Tharp which I already talk about in previous post. If you haven’t read it you can check it out in here. Basically the story between both of the book and the movie are the same. 


Here a little quick synopsis for you: Here’s a guy named Sutter Keely (portrayed by Miles Teller), he is the most fun guy (that’s what they thought) but he has a problem with alcohol and like to go to party and he has absolute no plan for his future. His girlfriend dumps him because she thought he cheated on her and later on there’s another explanation of why she broke it off. Then one day after a very long night and drunk, Sutter is woken up on a lawn by Aimee Finecky (portrayed by Shailene Woodley). And there’s where the story start to goes. 

As I said earlier I feel a little disappointed with this movie. It’s because in the beginning till the first 30 minutes or so they seem to rush the story which left us no story. From one scene to another happened so fast and the result is a confusion. I know the story is light so you probably can keep up q
uickly but there’s this feeling that seems really odd. And I understand that The Spectacular Now is a low budget and they need to make it work with the 95 minutes that they have. So now I am impress. 

Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley have a perfect chemistry to bring this two characters come alive to the screen and bring their best performance. And I have to say I am so happy with the ending since we didn’t have one in the book. So glad they give a little change with the screenplay and it played out well.


No comments:

Post a Comment