Thursday 3 October 2013

Insidious Chapter 2 (2013)


So, you guys know that Insidious Chapter 2 is a continuation of Insidious  that released on 2010. I can feel the hype of everyone towards this film. My first thought as I stepping in to the theater, “This would be really scary” and yes, just couple of minutes I can felt the tension not only me but everyone did.

While on the first Insidious film, Josh (Patrick Wilson) and Renai (Rose Byrne) were trying to get Dalton (Ty Simpkins) back from “The Further” but on the second chapter is time for them to get the real Josh back and stop their gift to travel to The Further. At the very beginning, there was a quick flashback from the first film when Josh suspected for Elise’s death, and weird thing still happened on the house started from piano played by itself .




My expectation of Insidious Chapter 2 was really high because of the popularity and the success of the previous film. But I feel let down of the story line, confusion all over the place. It bring the story when Josh was a kid and Elise try to make him forget, Josh who still trapped in ‘another world’, and the present time where Josh possessed by the ghost. So, we have three-different time and we need to put it each of it into one piece so everything would be make sense. 

With this sequel, we found out about what is exactly going on with Josh and where ‘the ghost’ from. At least there was closure to it. Insidious really striking with great camera angle and surprise audience with the sudden close up to “the thing” and made my heart beat faster. Gaaahhh!  The scoring at the beginning and ending with the red-Insidious word really classic and heart-stopping and others really creep me out too.

This film has amazing cast like Patrick Wilson. His act really believable (well, he’s an actor so of course). One of my favorite scene was when Wilson did this creepy smile, I couldn’t bear myself and ended up looking down to my phone. The ending though, what was happening?

Does this film horror enough? Yes, totally. Everyone in the room was screaming as I remember, so it wasn’t only me. I think James Wan did a great job for making this film and consider this is his last horror movie.

Does it good? Well, I have to say 50/50. Maybe because mostly through the movie, I half closed my eyes. Again, the disappointed part was the weak storyline. But if you come to find horror movie without consider other aspect, it is GOOD.

Ratings: 2/5 






No comments:

Post a Comment